In mid-1996, Gary Dicus purchased the first of several historic warehouse buildings in Tampa’s North Hyde Park. The vision was to gather dealers dedicated to showcasing interior furnishing products to the architectural and interior design communities. The district has grown to encompass 55,000 square feet of showroom space and has taken on the nickname, Willow Design District.
Among the dealers represented are:
- Kelsey Keller & Associates, a wholesale fine art distributor.
- Interiors Trading Company, one of America’s largest and oldest fabric and wall covering trade showrooms.
- The Addison/Dicus Company, has, for 26 years, supplied the interior design community with carpet and rugs from around the world.
- Interiors Furnishings Company is Florida’s only exclusive "to-the-trade" furniture showroom..
- Market Place Interiors houses 17 different designer and other showroom vignettes, showing antique and new furniture, and specialty accents.
- Ferguson’s is America’s largest kitchen and bath dealer. Here they have their destination showroom including lighting, cabinetry and appliances.
- Tile and Stone of Italy imports and markets porcelain and other ceramic tiles, glass tiles, travertine, granite and marble.
- Aria markets fine imported wood flooring.